we love this salad
Delicious Layered Salad
2 heads iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 8 ounces, fluid baby spinach, washed and dried
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 whole hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 16 ounces, weight bacon, cooked and chopped
- 4 whole tomatoes, chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces, weight cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 bag (10 ounces) frozen peas, partially thawed
- ½ cups mayonnaise
- ½ cups sour cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar (more to taste)
In a clear glass bowl, layer salad ingredients in the order they appear above, concentrating ingredients around the perimeter of the bowl and filling in the center with lettuce, if needed. End with the layer of peas.
Combine dressing ingredients in a separate bowl and mix well. Pour over the top of the peas and spread to cover, bringing dressing all the way out to the edges of the bowl.
Cover and refrigerate for up to 12 hours. Toss just before serving.